One of my stories, "Welcome to the Food Chain," was recently published by Static Movement in the anthology Don't Tread On Me: Tales of Revenge & Retribution. The story is about a hit man, a particularly nasty couple, and crabs caught fresh from the Chesapeake Bay. The story has never been published anywhere else, so I was happy it finally found a home!
But mine is only one of 30 stories in this fine anthology. You'll also find:
- "A Small Sand Storm" by Kenneth Goldman—offers a different take on the bully-on-the-beach, kick-sand-in-your-face confrontation
- "Angela's Rising" by Kevin Brown—a rape victim who takes revenge a little too far
- "Inheritance" by Matt Carter—has a Saturday afternoon "Creature Feature" feel to it
- "The Impact" by Jim Bronyaur—a disturbing attempt at double revenge, involving adultery and speeding cars
- "The Shock Value of Bad Magic" by Mark Anthony Crittenden—a party magician's act goes horribly awry, leading to a bloodbath
- "Good Morning" by Jessy Marie Roberts—an especially sadistic breakfast
One of my favorite stories in the anthology is "Wood Smoke" by the editor, Greg Miller. Short and supremely subtle, the story is about an old man who is semi-swindled out of his farmland by a conniving grandson, and Grandpa's sweet revenge in the end. I saw it coming, but it brought a smile to my face nonetheless.
There are some formatting issues and grammatical errors in the book, but the overall content is superb. As one of the writers included in this anthology, I'm very proud to share the pages with such a wide range of talent. Some stories are subtle, some slam you in the face. There's something here for everyone looking for vicarious thrills!
If you enjoy "tales of revenge and retribution," you can't go wrong with this selection of wonderful stories!